Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Kaysville-Fruit Heights Teen Pageant!

On August 7th I'm going to be in the Kaysville-Fruit Heights Pageant at the Davis High Auditorium. So they have a Miss and a Teen. Two people from my ward have won the Miss, and I'm really excited to try out for Outstanding Teen Kaysville-Fruit Heights. It has been a lot of hard work just to be in the pageant. You have to fill out this 18 page packet and get it notarized, practice your talent, get a sponsorship and go to workshops. It's been really fun though. My sponsors are my uncle Clint's business and my dads/grandpa/uncle's business. Thanks you guys! You also have to have an evening wear gown, production number outfit, talent costume, and Lifestyle & Fitness outfit. My aunt Nikki let me borrow her prom dresses and I love them! Thanks so much Nikki! :)  You also have to do an Interview. You stand in front of judges and they ask you questions like, "Who is your hero?" or "Name 3 words to describe yourself." And then an on-stage question like the ones asked in your interview. For my talent I'm going to play the flute. And for the Lifestyle & Fitness I'm going to dance. I'm also going to wear the pink dress for the Evening Gown part. And I'm so excited that my awesome aunt Jenny will be helping me backstage with hair and make-up, etc. I'm so excited to do this! I have to sell a certain amount of tickets, so if you want to come get them from me.

4 comments:

Jennie said...

Count us in... we'll take two. One for me and one for Lex.

Michelle said...

No! We are supposed to be in Park city that day. I will have to check and see if we will be back in time because you are going to be amazing! I am so excited for you!

The homestead said...

Good luck! You will do great!

Jennifer said...

Darn it! We have something going on that day, too. Best of luck to you, Golda. You're already a winner in my book.