Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Rings


We went to Grandma and Grandpa's house for the 24th. Grandma got out all the letters that my dad got on his mission. It was really fun to read them. There were a lot from my mom. Lexie, Ruby and I started talking about how we wanted our future husbands to propose. Because I told Lexie that my mom was the one who set the temple date even before my dad proposed! Lexie said that was kind of what her mom did too. I guess you can tell that our moms like to take charge! I said that I wanted him to propose at Christmas time in Temple Square in front of the temple. Lexie said either where their first date was, or one of their houses. Ruby wants to be proposed to at a fancy restaurant, and she already knows who she is going to marry! She is a step ahead of Lexie and I! Then we talked about what we wanted our weddings rings to look like. We want ours to look just the same as our mom's. My grandma, our moms, and aunt Jenny told us how their husbands proposed. My Grandma told me Grandpa asked her dad and then he came to her house and asked her for his school ring back. She was wearing it because they were "going steady". She didn't know he was going to propose, and she thought he was breaking up! And she said his school ring wouldn't fit him anymore because she put tape on it to fit her, and he said he had another ring for her, and proposed with the wedding ring! And Jenny's husband Jer took her around the temple and she thought he was going to propose and then he didn't! Then he took her to a place in  the mountains by a river and proposed. Then they let us try all their rings on! I think aunt Jenny and Grandma's were way more romantic than my moms story, but they have another romantic story. My mom left to Rome and my dad really missed her and he was crying at his job-which was as a waiter. So they let him go home. And he told his mom that he missed Circe and Grandma told Coco and Coco told my mom. So my mom called my dad and that was the first time he told her that he loved her. So she came home early and her parents were really mad. Yeah, that is way better than my mom Dear Johning my dad on his mission and then the time their friend B asking when they were getting married and my dad being surprised when my mom said she already had the temple date!

1 comment:

C and MC said...

Those are fabulous stories. I am excited for Jazz to start too, I need to get stretching again! See you next week.