I stole this idea from http://mywordseed.blogspot.com/. Jennifer's blog it's great you should check it out. But, instead of doing Public Displays of Appreciation I am doing Public Desplays of Admiration. People I admire basically. I admire so many people, so I am making into sections, this week: MOMS/AUNTS
First of all, my mom. Circe Dopp.
Why I admire her...
She is a mother to 6 kids, owns a violin shop, teaches ballet and violin and homeschools Ruby. With our crazy schedules we still make time to read The Book of Mormon and have family prayer every morning. That is important to me. I finished The Book of Mormon on Christmas Eve last year and I have a strong testimony of the gospel. I also love that my life and goals and interests are important to her too. I've never heard her complain about driving me to flute, voice, dance or friends houses. (Well, maybe not never~ever:)) She loves to be involves in the arts and the community. And teaches me more through example than anything else, which is how I like to learn anyways, I always notice how people act. I've learned to always be on time, be organized, practice every single stinkin' day and to be kind and generous. Thanks!
Second, Jennie Dopp
She is a mother to 4 kids and one of them has a chromosome disorder called 7q11.23 Duplication - Williams Beuren Region Duplication Syndrome . She always looks her best and her children do too. She is involved with Lexie's many endeavors and Collin, Jackson and Izzy's as well. She is also a perfect example to me of including the gospel while developing talents and having a busy life at the same time. Lexie and I are very close and I know she has a testimony too. So does Jennie. They shared it to Ruby, Freestone and I at church one Sunday while they were watching us while my parents were in Park City. She has taught me through example also. Jennie will leave a legacy just like Aunt Ann did, and I know my mom will too. They are the Calender, Yogo Togo, Mormon, Reading, Family Oriented Mothers. They will always be remembered for that. Thanks!
Another is Jenny Dopp
She has 4 cute girls who always have matching outfits and pretty hair. She is raising 4 kind, beautiful, sweet princesses. She is also a great Pageant Backstage Helper! And has always been "Understanding and Girlie Aunt" Thanks!
Richelle Dopp
Mother to 5 soccer lovin' nice boys. Very kind and loving and helpful to our family. She also teaches piano and teaches them the gospel. Thanks!
Niki Dopp
Niki has always been the "cool Aunt". All of them are so cool, but Niki is closest to our age and Lexie, Ruby and I got to be flower girls at her wedding! We thought that was so cool! Once, when Niki was babysitting me (I was just a baby then) she had feeling to come and move me from where I was. A couple minutes later, a big heavy cabinet crashed down to where I was sitting just a few seconds before! If she wasn't listening to the spirit I couldn't been killed or never been the same! She has 3 cute little boys with blond hair and fun personalities. Thanks!
Jennifer Hatch
Plays the piano amazingly, has 5 awesome kids and accompanies the ward Choir beautifully without fail. And a really awesome blog and is a great photographer!
Thanks!
Christy Evans
Has 3 adorable boy and 1 cute little boy. She attended and was in charge of an intense outdoor Girls Camp 7 months pregnant and didn't complain once, enough said!
Michelle Dopp
Has one fun red-haired 8-year-old boy. Makes the best desserts and has a great laugh! She goes through a lot I know and does it well. And she understands our ''Harry Potter World Talk''! :) I was also at her wedding, but I don't remember much! Thanks!
Emily King
She has one girl and one boy. Both so cute and fun! She is a good example to me about how you can be an artist and mom. She is an amazing artist and aunt! I was also at her wedding, I remember her beautiful temple-worthy wedding dress, and her delicious cake! (See what you remember at weddings when your young? Such funny stuff!) Thanks!
Sarah Bazail
I got to fly all the way to Miami, Florida to be a flower girl at her wedding. Ruby and I wore pretty white and hot pink dresses and even got our nails done! We thought we were pretty cool! She has two cute boys, Lincoln and Alexander. Right now they live in Miami again but, for a while they lived in Salt Lake and always invited us to their gorgeous home! Thanks!
Tricia
She is an avid reader of our family's blogs and always knows what is going on even though she now lives in Florida. She has great taste in clothes and never misses a birthday. She is very generous and is a fabulous great Aunt. She always offers to take us shopping and loves traditions like seeing the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus. We love getting cards and packages in the mail for holidays and our birthdays from Tricia. Also, she took care of Big Golda when she was in her later years, and I am thankful for that. She is very caring. Thanks Tricia!
Others that I admire are Marsha D., Marianne M. and Sarah R., my dance teachers and Rebecca S. and Jane W., my music teachers. Tiffany. Michelle F. SWS, Nie Nie and all the other Bloggin' Mothers!
Thank you all!
PS Sorry it's such a long post! And next week... Grandmas!
First of all, my mom. Circe Dopp.
Why I admire her...
She is a mother to 6 kids, owns a violin shop, teaches ballet and violin and homeschools Ruby. With our crazy schedules we still make time to read The Book of Mormon and have family prayer every morning. That is important to me. I finished The Book of Mormon on Christmas Eve last year and I have a strong testimony of the gospel. I also love that my life and goals and interests are important to her too. I've never heard her complain about driving me to flute, voice, dance or friends houses. (Well, maybe not never~ever:)) She loves to be involves in the arts and the community. And teaches me more through example than anything else, which is how I like to learn anyways, I always notice how people act. I've learned to always be on time, be organized, practice every single stinkin' day and to be kind and generous. Thanks!
Second, Jennie Dopp
She is a mother to 4 kids and one of them has a chromosome disorder called 7q11.23 Duplication - Williams Beuren Region Duplication Syndrome . She always looks her best and her children do too. She is involved with Lexie's many endeavors and Collin, Jackson and Izzy's as well. She is also a perfect example to me of including the gospel while developing talents and having a busy life at the same time. Lexie and I are very close and I know she has a testimony too. So does Jennie. They shared it to Ruby, Freestone and I at church one Sunday while they were watching us while my parents were in Park City. She has taught me through example also. Jennie will leave a legacy just like Aunt Ann did, and I know my mom will too. They are the Calender, Yogo Togo, Mormon, Reading, Family Oriented Mothers. They will always be remembered for that. Thanks!
Another is Jenny Dopp
She has 4 cute girls who always have matching outfits and pretty hair. She is raising 4 kind, beautiful, sweet princesses. She is also a great Pageant Backstage Helper! And has always been "Understanding and Girlie Aunt" Thanks!
Richelle Dopp
Mother to 5 soccer lovin' nice boys. Very kind and loving and helpful to our family. She also teaches piano and teaches them the gospel. Thanks!
Niki Dopp
Niki has always been the "cool Aunt". All of them are so cool, but Niki is closest to our age and Lexie, Ruby and I got to be flower girls at her wedding! We thought that was so cool! Once, when Niki was babysitting me (I was just a baby then) she had feeling to come and move me from where I was. A couple minutes later, a big heavy cabinet crashed down to where I was sitting just a few seconds before! If she wasn't listening to the spirit I couldn't been killed or never been the same! She has 3 cute little boys with blond hair and fun personalities. Thanks!
Jennifer Hatch
Plays the piano amazingly, has 5 awesome kids and accompanies the ward Choir beautifully without fail. And a really awesome blog and is a great photographer!
Thanks!
Christy Evans
Has 3 adorable boy and 1 cute little boy. She attended and was in charge of an intense outdoor Girls Camp 7 months pregnant and didn't complain once, enough said!
Michelle Dopp
Has one fun red-haired 8-year-old boy. Makes the best desserts and has a great laugh! She goes through a lot I know and does it well. And she understands our ''Harry Potter World Talk''! :) I was also at her wedding, but I don't remember much! Thanks!
Emily King
She has one girl and one boy. Both so cute and fun! She is a good example to me about how you can be an artist and mom. She is an amazing artist and aunt! I was also at her wedding, I remember her beautiful temple-worthy wedding dress, and her delicious cake! (See what you remember at weddings when your young? Such funny stuff!) Thanks!
Sarah Bazail
I got to fly all the way to Miami, Florida to be a flower girl at her wedding. Ruby and I wore pretty white and hot pink dresses and even got our nails done! We thought we were pretty cool! She has two cute boys, Lincoln and Alexander. Right now they live in Miami again but, for a while they lived in Salt Lake and always invited us to their gorgeous home! Thanks!
Tricia
She is an avid reader of our family's blogs and always knows what is going on even though she now lives in Florida. She has great taste in clothes and never misses a birthday. She is very generous and is a fabulous great Aunt. She always offers to take us shopping and loves traditions like seeing the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus. We love getting cards and packages in the mail for holidays and our birthdays from Tricia. Also, she took care of Big Golda when she was in her later years, and I am thankful for that. She is very caring. Thanks Tricia!
Others that I admire are Marsha D., Marianne M. and Sarah R., my dance teachers and Rebecca S. and Jane W., my music teachers. Tiffany. Michelle F. SWS, Nie Nie and all the other Bloggin' Mothers!
Thank you all!
PS Sorry it's such a long post! And next week... Grandmas!

5 comments:
Ooooo.... I love this post. :) Thanks for the shout out! I love you too and I think you are amazing. I can't wait to be covered in grandchildren and grand nieces and nephews, sitting with you mom on the porch or the couch, discussing our latest read, making cookies with all of you and continuing to have a tight knit family.
I have to admit to being really excited to make this list (I think that was me!) because you have such great women in your family. I have wanted to be just like your mom since I was nine. She was really fun even then! I also think you are fabulous and am hoping Brittany will be just as great a teenager as you are!
Once I get back on my blogging boat I'm swiping tis from you!
You're so sweet, Golda. Wow. Thank you.
My list of those I admire includes you and your mom. I am amazed by your grace, your poise, your accomplishments. You make it seem easy, but I know a LOT of hard work backs that.
Thanks Golda our computer crashed so I havent been able to read blogs. I think you are awesome. I hope your everything with SBO tryouts is going good. Let me know when your skit is if I don't have to work I want to come and watch it.
Post a Comment